[Ti] Vertical Case

Donald G. Hook dghook at csupomona.edu
Fri May 30 07:49:54 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 09:23  PM, Randy Reames wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 09:25 PM, XXL wrote:
>
>> I am using a very nice Kensington leather case for my 'PowerBook G4
>> 17-inch
>> widescreen display' (Apples name, for all you who are having a crisis
>> over
>> what to call it..).  This case just BARELY contains this machine and
>> soon I
>> will pass this case and the TiBook to my daughter.  Since I am moving
>> back
>> to Germany I am badly in need of a case for the 17. I would prefer a
>> case
>> that has a vertical orientation as it makes more sense to me and seems
>> easier to carry as well as having a lower polar moment of inertia when
>> rushing thru airport crowds.  The Waterfield Vertigo is not large
>> enough for
>> the 17 as it is only 13 inches high. Does anyone know of a suitable
>> case
>> that has a vertical orientation?
>> TIA
>> -Joel
>>

> Before I got my Spire Endo I used a Jansport vertical shoulder bag. It
> was too big for my 15" TiBook. I suppose it would fit the 17" AlBook
> as I had to use about 2" of foam in the bottom. I don't know if they
> still make it and I can't find the model name on mine.
>
> Randy

I sometimes carry my Tibook (15 inch) in my Italian Condotti vertical
briefcase. I first bought it for my 2300 Duo, then discovered
fortunately that my Tibook also fit it. I've not tried one, but I
suspect that a 17 inch Albook would also fit into it. It's nice
burgundy leather with 18 k. gold hardware and was a trifle pricey ($260
as I recall), but is strong and beautiful.
I bought it at a mall luggage store, so if you ask for it by name at
such a store, you may find one.

                                                        Don Hook