[Ti] Apple Store - new iPods

Loren Schooley loren at flash.net
Sat May 31 09:32:28 PDT 2003

On 5/30/03 8:09 PM, "Fred" <fred at mindstate.com> wrote:

> On 5/30/03 7:07 PM, "Steve Wozniak" <steve at woz.org> wrote:
>> It does seem like an error on Apple's part. But I don't think Steve would
>> want
>> to hear about such a trite matter. I've had it happen before from the Apple
>> Store, where accessories advertised with a main product don't fit it or work
>> with it. That applies to software accessories too.
>>
>> In the end I'd probably hear that if I did a lot of work I had some way to
>> determine in advance that these products (charger, iTrip) wouldn't apply to
>> the new iPod. I also expect that Apple will expect me to pay to ship them
>> back. That's life.
>
> Just a heads up on the iTrip.  They are in the middle of a re-design for it
> to work with the new iPods. Should be shipping soon they (Griffin) said.  So
> maybe with that piece, they would ship the newer version when it is
> available.  Maybe not.  The charger I do not know...
>
> Cheers
> FRED

I had pre-ordered the iTrip last fall, and I now have it on my iPod20. My
opinion, I don't care for it. It unplugs too easily. I had to cut the holder
off with a Leatherman (the piece that is inserted into the FW port fit like
cludge). It now fits better with the plastic peice filed off, but the unit
still sits slightly askew. Once you synch a station, the unit pops up enough
out of socket, especially if you have a case on, to interrupt the FM signal.
*grrr* The signal itself is ~okay~, though. What I am saying is that the
iTrip is not one of those hands off works for you gizmos, you always have to
jack around with it. I still use the cassette adapter.