[Ti] Need help with PCMCIA memory card reader

Steve Martin martin at metronet.com
Sat May 31 20:32:42 PDT 2003

I've been having similar problems with a PC Card CompactFlash reader on
my 500Mhz TiBook with 10.2.6.  When the PC Card is inserted, the mouse
becomes a little sluggish and everything is locked up.  If I eject it
forcibly I get a kernel panic.

But, if I shutdown the PowerBook, insert the PC Card then boot, it
works fine and iPhoto launches and can import the pictures and
everything.  It is only the "live insert" that fails.

It worked fine several releases ago, but I don't know for sure when it
started misbehaving.  One time after the crash lots of applications
were pretty severely messed up and I had random kernel panics on
restart so I ended up having to reinstall the OS.

Steve Martin                              http://www.cheezmo.com/
Smart Calibration, LLC           http://www.smartcalibration.com/
The Widescreen Movie Center            http://www.widemovies.com/
Letterboxed Movie TV Schedule  http://www.widemovies.com/lbx.html