[Ti] Need help with PCMCIA memory card reader

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Sat May 31 22:02:21 PDT 2003

At 10:32 PM -0500 2003.05.31, Steve Martin wrote:

>I've been having similar problems with a PC Card CompactFlash reader on my 500Mhz TiBook with 10.2.6.  When the PC Card is inserted, the mouse becomes a little sluggish and everything is locked up.  If I eject it forcibly I get a kernel panic.
>
>But, if I shutdown the PowerBook, insert the PC Card then boot, it works fine and iPhoto launches and can import the pictures and everything.  It is only the "live insert" that fails.
>
>It worked fine several releases ago, but I don't know for sure when it started misbehaving.  One time after the crash lots of applications were pretty severely messed up and I had random kernel panics on restart so I ended up having to reinstall the OS.

For myself, live inserts work fine AFTER a restart.

I have a guess that the condition may arise after sleep mode.

This has been reported by others, including myself and some of my friends.

In my own case, this behavior results from SD, SM and CF cards, using a couple of types of adaptor cards.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)