Flawed power adapters

Pedro Vera pedro at veraperez.com
Sat Nov 1 14:28:38 PST 2003

Please take a moment to inspect your power adapter. I ran my chair over
the thin cord of mine and I sliced it clean! And it is so thin it was
impossible to splice it back together.

The replacement has a much thicker cord, the ribs around the connector
are much stronger and it now has ribs where the thin cable connects to
the square power supply. It looks much stronger than my previous one.

I am very pissed at this, I have run to at least 4 of these adapters in
the last year between my iBook and now the Powerbook. I posted a rant
at my site and later I will post pictures comparing the old and new
styles.

Do yourself a favor: if you have the adapter with the thinner cord and
no ribbing, find something to wrap around the junction to the power
brick. My spare adapter frayed at both the DC plug (the ribbing was
very thin) and also at the junction, and it burned.

Pedro
-
http://pedrovera.com
(public GPG/PGP key available at http://pedrovera.com/public.asc)