[Ti] Panther FireWire debacle

Mike Stanley macguy at guarded-inn.com
Sat Nov 1 14:19:39 PST 2003

On Nov 1, 2003, at 3:07 PM, Jesse Proudman wrote:

> I also haven't had any problems.  Besides the install taking 1.5 hours
> because I accidently turned all the languages, my computer has run
> flawlessly.  I love Panther.  It's faster, expose is incredibly
> useful, I can now use mail full time instead of entourage, everything
> is very well organized.  I'm a huge fan.

Yeah, I can chime in with positive experience as well, on both my
TiBook and my G4 DP 1.25 at the office.  I did archive and install on
both machines and aside from me needing to work around a problem caused
by me running an older version of CodeTek Virtual Desktop on my TiBook,
I've had no issues.  Both my machines are running better (XBench'ed the
desktop and it is faster across the board - on some tests surprisingly
so), I'm getting more done, and I'm liking Panther very much.