[Ti] screen marks

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Fri Nov 7 11:42:00 PST 2003

--On Friday, November 7, 2003 12:44 PM -0800 Tamara Buffalo <macgal44 at mac.com> wrote:

> What have you guys been using and is there anyway to remove or repair the marks?  They look like indentations.  Will they fade if I use a cover for the keyboard faithfully?

There are a variety of things you can use to protect the screen from a simple piece of paper to leather or felt. All should work. The will protect against new marks, but not repair the old.

The marks are from grease and acids on your fingers transferred to the keycaps and then to the screen. You can wash the screen with a mild soap or detergent solution (Damp, not wet; don't splash
water around). If the marks don't come off after that, then the acids have eaten into the plastic coating on the screen and there's nothing you can do about it anymore.

I have such a condition because I never was able to keep things as clean as intended and found the paper or other keyboard cover inconvenient. I have found that I don't really notice them under most
conditions anyway.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com