[Ti] ipod for emergency repairs?

gkar at mac gkar at mac.com
Wed Nov 12 15:24:40 PST 2003

On 11/12/03 6:11 PM, "John" <simplymail at ururk.com> wrote:

>> With the exception that more recent macs won't boot into OS9.
>>
>> The question was what benefit is there from having OS9 vs OSX on the
>> ipod
>> for emergency purposes?
>
> Or, even a better question:
>
> With all the firewire troubles (800 and 400), why would you even risk
> it?
>
> It would be interesting, as the computer unmounted itself, to see if it
> trashed itself (the boot volume).

The firewire problem occurred regardless of what was on the drive but I know
of no one who had that problem with the iPod. During all that time I changed
my iPod's music every day or two without a hiccup.

david
One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

gkar at mac.com