[Ti] Windows Media Player for OS X

rob morris rob.morris at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 15 06:21:43 PST 2003

On 14.11.2003 20:10, "Eric" <EricDD at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> hi:  a question about VLC - i am trying to use it to listen to a radio
> station that requires windows media player but haven't been able to get
> it to work.  for point of reference, here is the link -
> http://www.therandirhodesshow.com/streaming.html .   is this possible
> to do or am i not understanding what VLC is used for.   i also tried
> mplayer and could not get it to work.  thank you. eric

  I just clicked the link and it worked fine...it did not launch WMP.
Using 10.3.1 on a 1GHZ Ti.   The site seems to use a player from the
streaming Co,  Liquid Compass, that uses only the WMP plug-in.  Here is this
is the info from the player window:

This station is using streaming media technology, powered by Liquid Compass,
a Creative Media company. If you have any issues with this player, or if you
cannot hear the live stream, please return to the player, click on the
question mark icon and follow the instructions to ensure that your system
has the required Windows Media plug-in.