[Ti] Wife's powerbook ill - Help wanted!!

Carlos Fernando Hernandez nandoz at cln.megared.net.mx
Sat Nov 15 08:05:34 PST 2003

Well,

I hold the plug in different directions but the light still doesnt light up yet. We saw
recently that the light not all time when on but the battery still charge.

Now the baterry Icon on the menu bar shows an " X "  even when the battery is connect
it.

The computer end plug is wrong because I use the power adapter in my PB17 and it
works well.

Can anyone tell me if we can buy somewhere in the net just that part (computer end)
and the battery for the PB550mhz?

Thanks,
Carlos

Just watch out; you might not need the power adapter, but rather the
plug on the computer might be loose.  One way (but not definitive) to
test, is to hold the plug in different directions; if it lights up when
you hold it up or down or something, the connection might just be loose
on the computer end.  Also, you should unplug the power adapter from
the wall; the 65W adapters will shut off as a safety measure if the
voltage drops too much, as it can if it's on the same circuit as a
refrigerator or some other similar appliance.

If it is the plug, you'd have to send the computer in to Apple for
service.