TiBook for sale (was Re: [Ti] Stupid, geeky question.)

Mark C. Langston mark at bitshift.org
Thu Nov 20 15:20:19 PST 2003

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 12:55:55PM -0800, Mark C. Langston wrote:

> Indeed they are.  I'm selling my 1GHz TiBook which has a full white
> keyboard (http://bitshift.org/images/tibook.jpg).

If anyone's interested, by the way:

 First, some history:  This thing's been pampered.  It's a Rev. B,
purchased new in November 2002, just before I came to Arecibo with SETI
(where I am currently, with the TiBook).  It's been my primary notebook
for almost a year, and replaced a Rev. A 15" I'd bought back in June
2002, to celebrate my new job with SETI.

 When it travels, it travels in a padded sleeve, in my backpack, which
is carried on my person everywhere.

 The screen is pristine (no dead pixels).  The paint is pristine (no
chipping/bubbling/flaking), except for about 5 small bubbles (no chips)
on the outside of the hinge that my wife pointed out to me last week,
just before I left home to come back to Arecibo Nat'l Observatory.

 Specs:  15", 1GHz G4 Titanium Powerbook (256K L2 cache, 1MB L3 cache).
1GB RAM.  60GB HD  (Fujitsu MHS2060AT).  Superdrive (w/upgraded firmware
that increases read/write speed).

 Extras:  Well, there's the upgraded firmware on the superdrive I just
mentioned.  There's also:

 Airport internal card.

 The keyboard.  The dark keycaps have all been swapped for the white
keycaps from an iBook.  Looks stunning! (original keyboard included as
well).

 The suede wrist-rest.  I always put these on my powerbooks (or at least
the two TiBooks I've owned).  They're grey ultrasuede, and protect the
palm rest areas and trackpad button.  Never used without them.

 Two power supplies.

 A Willow Design purple stiff-sided carrying case.

 An airline power adapter.

 A TiTote carrying handle, never attached, still in box.  I used one on
my previous TiBook, and bought this one thinking I'd install it, but
never did.

 An extra battery.

 A Unibrain Fire-i firewire webcam (I've verified that it works with
iChat; it has a built-in microphone as well, and is designed to clip
onto the notebook lid, much like the iSight.  Not as sexy, but gets the
job done!)

 A Belkin USB bluetooth adapter, 100m range (it's got a little
extendable antenna on it).

 2 years remaining on AppleCare.

 Original box and packaging for TiBook, including DVI->VGA adapter, and
original CDs shipped with TiBook.

 There's also an ultrasuede screen protector (which is just a loose,
thin sheet), as well as a sleeve of similar fabric that slides snugly
over the screen and lid, like a glove.  I forget who makes these.

I'm selling it because I just purchased a 12" 1GHz AlBook.

I'm at Arecibo Nat'l Observatory currently, but I'll be back home
(California) this weekend.

I'm looking to get $1800 or so for everything.

--
Mark C. Langston                                    Sr. Unix SysAdmin
mark at bitshift.org                                       mark at seti.org