[Ti] Panther network functionality

Chris Long clong at lib.drury.edu
Fri Nov 21 08:23:42 PST 2003

Once you've mounted the drive, you can make an alias to it, and then I
believe you can add that to your login items.  On our computer labs, I
keep the aliases to the shares for different folders for the different
classes, so that they can quickly get to them.  These are on our
xServe, so I used afp://user@ip.address in Safari, and then made the
alias so that it remembered the login I wanted to use.  Safari doesn't
handle SMB shares that way though.  I have added the SMB share I use
most often to the keychain, and it always logs me in correctly.  I hope
that at least gives you some ideas.

Chris Long