[Ti] tibook keys was Re:[Ti] TiBook for sale

Mark C. Langston mark at bitshift.org
Sun Nov 23 09:20:34 PST 2003

On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 08:04:15PM +1300, Bryan Taylor wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> How hard is it to swap out the white iBook keys to the tibook? I have a
> dead screen 500Mhz ibook I could do this with my 667 tibook, but I do
> not want to damage or further mark the tibook .

It's not all that hard to swap them out.  They come off easily enough
just using your fingers to gently "pop" each off.  It's putting them
back on that can be a bit tricky, as the scissors mechanism is sometimes
difficult to align just right, particularly on the larger keys.

Of course, it's no more difficult than putting back on a key that's
inadvertently popped off.

I'd say give it a shot with a single key on the iBook:  take it off, put
it back on.  If that feels comfortable, you could try swapping it with
its TiBook counterpart.  From there, it's just a matter of patience and
effort.

--
Mark C. Langston                                    Sr. Unix SysAdmin
mark at bitshift.org                                       mark at seti.org