Help with Panther: crash on sleep/inactivity

John McDaniel johnmcd at one.net
Tue Nov 25 05:19:22 PST 2003

Panther has been running pretty well on my original 500 Mhz TiBook
except for one thing:

hard crashes after the computer has gone to sleep or after sitting idle
for some time.

I haven't been able to link it to any one thing/app/network state, etc.

I come back to the PB in one of two states:

1) Screen on, but frozen (can't move cursor, keyboard useless) w/fan on
full force non-stop; NO ability to force quit or get anywhere; the only
option is to hold down the power on and wait for the shut down, then
re-boot.

2) Screen dark; HD spun down/inactive; won't wake from sleep (yes,
plugged in); must use power down/reboot sequence above.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

j mcd
---