Beginner OS/X Text

Frank Wiewandt fwphoto at adelphia.net
Tue Nov 25 10:40:05 PST 2003

I've been asked to look into teaching a workshop for beginners on OS/X. It'll be
a one day workshop for folks who's first computer is a new Mac with OS/X,
switchers from earlier MacOSs, switchers from PCs, or current Mac OS/X who may
lack confidence & would like to know more without getting into too much
technical stuff.

I'm looking for suggestions about a text to use. It might include more info than
will be covered in a day, but I'd like it to do a thorough job with the basics,
first. The book should be easy enough, though, for a beginner to finish at home
without help if they so desire.

Don't know if it'll be Jaguar or Panther so suggestions for either are welcome.
I suspect the first ones may be Jaguar with Panther comming later. Might not be
a lot of books on Panther available yet, either.

TIA,

Frank Wiewandt