[Ti] Beginner OS/X Text

gkar at mac gkar at mac.com
Tue Nov 25 10:57:13 PST 2003

On 11/25/03 1:40 PM, "Frank Wiewandt" <fwphoto at adelphia.net> wrote:

> I've been asked to look into teaching a workshop for beginners on OS/X. It'll
> be a one day workshop for folks who's first computer is a new Mac with OS/X,
> switchers from earlier MacOSs, switchers from PCs, or current Mac OS/X who may
> lack confidence & would like to know more without getting into too much
> technical stuff.
>
> I'm looking for suggestions about a text to use. It might include more info
> than will be covered in a day, but I'd like it to do a thorough job with the
> basics, first. The book should be easy enough, though, for a beginner to
> finish at home without help if they so desire.
>
> Don't know if it'll be Jaguar or Panther so suggestions for either are
> welcome. I suspect the first ones may be Jaguar with Panther comming later.
> Might not be a lot of books on Panther available yet, either.

David Pogue does "OS X: The Missing Manual" and the new Panther edition is
due out in December. I have the Jaguar edition. This is the book I recommend
for all new OS X users. The book is a nice mix of beginner topics, hints &
tips, and more advanced topics.

david

One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

gkar at mac.com