airport base

Silvo Conticello silvoc at tiscali.it
Fri Nov 28 14:46:20 PST 2003

Dear all,

I'm starting to look around for an apple base to be used at home with
my wife's iMac and my Ti500 and I've got few questions:

a) is there any specific advantage in using the Apple airport base
compared to non-Apple ones?
b) apart from the Apple one, do you suggest any favorite 802.11
station? (cheaper than Apple)
c) with or without modem? I'm currently using the default cable modem
by NTL.
d) I remember from old posts that the Ti500 has some issues regarding
the range. What is the range from the station I should expect using the
Ti with an airport card? Or it is better to go for a card with an
external antenna?

TIA,
Silvo

Silvo Conticello
TiBook 500MHz/768Mb RAM/60Gb HD/OS10.2.8
E-mail: silvoc at tiscali.it
Cambridge
UK