[Ti] Be careful when sleeping your ti book.

Glenn L. Austin glenn at austin-home.com
Fri Nov 28 20:25:08 PST 2003

on 11/26/03 9:45 PM, Peter Sealy at pandcsealy at hotkey.net.au wrote:

> On Thursday, November 27, 2003, at 03:30  AM, Glenn L. Austin wrote:
>
>> Just for the record, my Ti500 stays asleep when I close the lid after
>> manually sleeping the computer.
>>
>> I did have a problem with it earlier where the machine wouldn't stay
>> asleep
>> when closed,
>
> So I know what to look out for on my Ti 867, how did you know the
> computer was not staying asleep?

I noticed the sleep light go on then off.  The second symptom was when I
would open the computer, the screen would do a "reset" (switch to blue and
back to the contents of the screen).

>> but a quick trip to the Apple store (and a subsequent trip for
>> the computer to whereever Apple sends them to repair them) fixed that
>> problem.
>
> Any idea what it was they fixed?

In my case, I believe that they replaced the reed switch.

--
Glenn L. Austin <><
Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver