Airport issue

S. Moussly sam at moussly.com
Sat Nov 29 03:19:07 PST 2003

Since there is a lot of rambling about Airport, I thought I would ask about
my problem (sorry if I posted this in the past).

I connect to the internet using my home wireless network (linksys) in which
I never had problems with until a few weeks back. I opened my Tibook and was
able to automatically identify my station and download emails. Two minutes
later my Airport wasn't receiving anything. I couldn¹t connect to the
internet, nor recognize the router. Turning off the Airport and turning it
back on didn¹t do the trick. After turning it off for around 20 minutes and
turning it back on (as some of you have suggested) I was able to connect!
But again, 2 minutes later, Airport died on me. I thought at first there is
something wrong with my linkysy router, but then I found out that my
roommate is able to connect through his laptop without any problems. I also
tested my airport on another wireless network and had the same result.

Could this be due to the airport antenna being out of place? Or could it be
a network configuration problem?

If I would have to buy a new airport, would I be able to install Airport
Extreme on my TiBook G4 867Mhz?

Thanks in advance :)

Sam