[Ti] Airport issue

Barry Lyden blyden at mac.com
Sat Nov 29 06:57:00 PST 2003

Well, it could be any of those problems, including a bad Airport card. But I
would guess that if it were the antenna out of place, you would have trouble
connecting in the first place. Perhaps someone with direct experience will
reply, otherwise, you'll need to use the process of elimination.

As for  installing Airport Extreme in your TiBook 867 - No can do. The
Airport and Airport Extreme cards are physically different and therefore it
won't fit into your TiBook. But if 802.11g is what you're after, there are
some third party CardBus cards that will work just fine in your PC Card
slot. I believe the recommendation is to download the latest Airport
software, and purchase a PC Card that uses the Broadcom chip. Some brands
that work are: Linksys, Buffalo, Belkin, SMC. There maybe others too. I'm
sure someone will correct me if I'm mistaken.

Wish I could help more.

Barry