[Ti] airport base

Daniel T Kegan daniel at keganlaw.com
Sat Nov 29 09:12:56 PST 2003

Apple's Airport BaseStation advantages:
a) setup ease;
b) availability of adding external antenna to base-- may be especially
helpful for Ti PowerBooks
      (Dr Bott has directional & omni antennas);
c) modem-- DSL does seem to go down once in a while;
d) supporting the company that makes past, present, and hopefully
future Macs.
Apparently one can drill and add antenna to standard ABS but that
likely violates FCC rules and
may cause radiation problems.

Daniel Kegan * daniel at keganlaw.com * Kegan & Kegan, Ltd.
Balanced Counsel for Smart Clients * www.keganlaw.com