Panther install

MICHAEL MURPHY murphy at io.com
Sat Nov 29 10:07:32 PST 2003

1 ghz Ti with Jaguar installed; various problems often related to the
Classic environment and unable to boot from OS (

I used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone to a backup firewire drive (actually
to two firewire drives) and then did a clean install of Panther
involving erasing the Ti hard drive; I then used CCC to clone the User,
Library, and Application folders from the firewire drive backup to the
Ti drive; used Disk Utility to repair priviledges; most applications
(such as iPhoto, Microsoft Office, Quickbooks) open and work fine; the
Address book will not open; what things did I do wrong?

also the Ti book would not boot from the OS 9 install disk so that I
could reinstall OS 9

thanks in advance,

Michael Murphy