[Ti] Panther install

Glenn L. Austin glenn at austin-home.com
Sat Nov 29 11:08:08 PST 2003

on 11/29/03 10:07 AM, MICHAEL MURPHY at murphy at io.com wrote:

> 1 ghz Ti with Jaguar installed; various problems often related to the
> Classic environment and unable to boot from OS (
>
> I used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone to a backup firewire drive (actually
> to two firewire drives) and then did a clean install of Panther
> involving erasing the Ti hard drive; I then used CCC to clone the User,
> Library, and Application folders from the firewire drive backup to the
> Ti drive; used Disk Utility to repair priviledges; most applications
> (such as iPhoto, Microsoft Office, Quickbooks) open and work fine; the
> Address book will not open; what things did I do wrong?

Umm, Apple installs applications in the Applications folder -- like iPhoto,
Address Book, Mail, ...

> also the Ti book would not boot from the OS 9 install disk so that I
> could reinstall OS 9

Newer Macs don't boot OS 9 -- your machine *should* have an OS 9
installation package to run under Mac OS X's installer to install the
Classic System Folder on your machine.

--
Glenn L. Austin <><
Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver