[Ti] airport base

Kynan Shook kynan at cs.wisc.edu
Sun Nov 30 12:52:52 PST 2003

One use for the modem that nobody here has mentioned is making your own
dial-up access.  Some ISPs might already give you dial-up access when
you buy broadband.  If they don't, you can set up the Airport to let
you dial up to your Airport when you're away from home.  I remember
seeing a phone company deal a while ago that would give you a special
phone card that you could only use to call home with, but you'd get a
pretty good deal on long distance when doing so; if you can get
something like that set up (or some other inexpensive long distance),
it would work well for occasional travel internet access needs.