[Ti] Disabling DVD region coding

b fl1pper at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 1 00:24:22 PDT 2003

Robert Nicholson paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>Last I heard VLC only will play DVDs if at least one region has be set.
>
>VLC couldn't in the past and I believe still can't ... play any DVD
>if a region hasn't been set including so called "ALL" region
>DVDs.

Most folks who use software to 'trick' the bogus 'region' bullshit,
in the first place, don't 'disable' anything, they use an app to
extend the 5 region reset maximum that is built in. It just has to be
done before the fifth region change is used up.

~flipper