[Ti] 10.2.8

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Wed Oct 1 07:32:54 PDT 2003

On 9/30/03 11:51 PM, "Henry Kalir" <kalirhe at umdnj.edu> wrote:

>> Huh? Are you calling us "cheerleaders"? And how are we supposed to be
>> "coming clean on this one"?
>
> Well - you always seemed to justify Apple - no matter how badly they
> behaved, remember?

No, I don't remember Henry. Please, remind me of when I have done that.

>> We're not responsible for Apple's software. BTW, we're not responsible for
>> those people who rush out and install every little upgrade Apple puts out.
>
> Of course not...but you **could** show a little more sympathy here...

Whatever happened to personal responsibility? To be responsible for your own
actions?

Yes, Apple screwed up the 10.2.8 Update. But, if the majority of people who
had been burned had simply done any one of a number of things (waited, had a
backup, read MacFixit.com first, etc) they wouldn't be in this mess.

>> Let some other poor schmuck beta test Apple's
>> software for you - in the immortal words of The Who, "Don't get fooled
>> again!"
>
> Those ARE the "other poor schmuck(s)", some of whom had migrated from
> Windows, hoping that this kind of callousness won't exist when you "Think
> Different(ly)"

> I have a LOT of sympathy for those trusting souls! They thought
> different...they thought that Apple would treat them better than MS.

Well, I don't know what kind of Pollyanna world they live in but expecting
Apple to be any better than Windows when it comes to things like this is a
mug's game and *will* get you burned.

>> And Apple has an unfortunate history of things going wrong with their
>> software releases.
>
> The unfortunate part is their unwillingness to help the poor "emptors.."

No, the unfortunate part is that people trust Apple even when Apple has a
history of putting out crap.

>> Apple won't "come clean", whatever that means.
>
> That means (in the USA) - saying "I goofed, now let me do my best to help
> all who have been adversely affect by my actions" - clear enough?

Very clear. And, once again, I say that *won't* happen. Apple *will* fix the
updater. Apple will *not* apologize or try to make amends.

Shawn King
On this week's Your Mac Life -
Adobe & Daystar!
http://www.yourmaclife.com