[Ti] 10.2.8

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Wed Oct 1 07:25:53 PDT 2003

On 10/1/03 6:29 AM, "Henry Kalir" <kalirhe at umdnj.edu> wrote:

> The sad part (Shawn, Massimo, Michael Bigley and others of the
> cheerleading squad) is that you are doing Apple great harm with your
> "Apple can do no wrong/it's your fault anyway/caveat emptor/go to Windows
> if you don't like it...etc" and all those other pearls of "wisdom/sarcasm"
> approach!

You're not really paying attention, are you?

I've *never* said "Apple can do no wrong". I pointed out in my post that
Apple *frequently* screws up their software - the list is as long as your
arm.

As to "it's your fault", if someone installs *any* software without having a
backup, without doing due diligence (checking Mac web sites for trouble
reports, for example) and without knowing what they are getting into, then
it's tough to have sympathy for those people.

Would you buy a car without checking it out? Would you take it in to a brake
shop and get your brakes fixed from a guy you didn't know or trust? Would
you let the teenager down the street rebuild your engine?

Of course not. So why do people do the equivalent with their computers?

And I never said, "go to Windows if you don't like it". It's hard enough
correcting your falsehoods on things I *did* say let alone on things I have
*never* said.

> I say to the UNbiased members of this list - don't let them get away with
> it! Raise your voice too, and be heard...for US and a BETTER Apple.

What office are you running for, Henry? :-)

Shawn King
On this week's Your Mac Life -
Adobe & Daystar!
http://www.yourmaclife.com