[Ti] 10.2.8

Massimo Marino Massimo_Marino at lbl.gov
Wed Oct 1 07:52:27 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, October 1, 2003, at 02:37  PM, PowerBook G4 Titanium List
wrote:

> The sad part (Shawn, Massimo, Michael Bigley and others of the
> cheerleading squad) is that you are doing Apple great harm with your
> "Apple can do no wrong/it's your fault anyway/caveat emptor/go to
> Windows
> if you don't like it...etc" and all those other pearls of
> "wisdom/sarcasm"
> approach!
>
> I say to the UNbiased members of this list - don't let them get away
> with
> it! Raise your voice too, and be heard...for US and a BETTER Apple.
>
> Best,
>
> Henry

Henry,

I did say the update was faulty, probably due to hardware
configurations not fully tested. Apple pulled it. It IS a faulty update.
But I also do not believe GrandMa is installing hackies over hackies on
her OS X and she is the one who probably has less problems.
Apple warnings "remove all hackies before updating" probably is not
addressed to her.

Corrupted privileges is also a problem that Apple recognized. Now,
ignoring that and never repairing them is as well the user's as well as
Apple responsibility. They say Panther addressed the issue. Before
that, ignoring it is not going to help anybody.

Rephrasing flipper arguments, Apple is much more 'for the rest of us'
than any Windows OS, present of future.
Finally, I was *forced* at work till '97 to use Windows for anything
but coding. Hence I shiver inside when someone says "Apple is not
better than Microsoft". But that's me.

Cheers

	Massimo