10.2.8

Massimo Marino Massimo_Marino at lbl.gov
Wed Oct 1 10:55:23 PDT 2003

Applications and hacks are different beasts. IF anyone has some
VersionTracker hacks to modify the look & feel of OS X s/he has hacks
installed.

When a new OS update comes and it breaks an application (at the times
of 10.0.x it happened) people went complaining with the application
vendor and the vendor produced an update.
Why if an OS X update breaks or becomes unstable with hacks one should
go complaining with Apple is beyond understanding:
Apart the ethernet connection lost and the battery drain with OS 10.2.8
(both serious problems) all other complains are about hacks and should
be directed to the hack developer(s) rather then Apple.
Apple will never *fix* an update so that hacks out there working with
OS X 10.x.y will work the same with OS X 10.x.y+1 .  They'd be fool if
they did that.

Hoping for this to happen (or taken care of) is living in a different
planet.  For sure it is my limit but I cannot understand the logic
behind that.

This is my point, and it is not a point to justify Apple. They are not
perfect, they do mistakes and they try to fix thosein the shortest
possible time. If needed they pull an update and/or post temp
workarounds (as they did).
Anyway I am still puzzled how those two problems did not show up before
releasing it in the first place.

Cheers

	Massimo