The persistent battery issue - post 10.2.8 update

Jennifer Landefeld jennsbl at mac.com
Wed Oct 1 11:12:06 PDT 2003

Hi All,

The only things I'm noticing after my upgrade is a battery that has
gone from 3.2 hours to 1.4 hours at a 99% charge. Well, that and an
increasingly flaky Safari.
I too fix permissions, keep back-ups, etc. before upgrading but that
didn't prevent the battery issue this time (never appeared before for
me).

Before I reset my NVRAM or Power Manger, what will be "wiped" out with
either of those actions? I've been searching the knowledgebase and
online various places and all I see is the process, not what I'll clear
ultimately. Is it more than just clock, power management settings? Are
there other things I should note before resetting so I can put things
back as needed after returning to a default state?

Sorry if it's a dumb question.

Thanks,
Jenn

(cc me please? -- I'm on digest mode :-)