[Ti] The persistent battery issue - post 10.2.8 update

Benn joverkamp at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 1 12:22:03 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, October 1, 2003, at 12:12  PM, Jennifer Landefeld wrote:
> The only things I'm noticing after my upgrade is a battery that has
> gone from 3.2 hours to 1.4 hours at a 99% charge. Well, that and an
> increasingly flaky Safari.
> I too fix permissions, keep back-ups, etc. before upgrading but that
> didn't prevent the battery issue this time (never appeared before for
> me).
>
> Before I reset my NVRAM or Power Manger, what will be "wiped" out with
> either of those actions? I've been searching the knowledgebase and
> online various places and all I see is the process, not what I'll
> clear ultimately. Is it more than just clock, power management
> settings? Are there other things I should note before resetting so I
> can put things back as needed after returning to a default state?

Well have you actually ran the battery for 1.4 hours to see if the
charge goes to 10%?

After 10.2.8, when I unplug my powerbook it reads 1:14 remaining.  I
watched quicktime videos in full screen for about a hour and the menu
bar read 1:18 remaining, but was at 70%.

So basically, you can't really trust the reading in the menu bar.  If
you have trouble lasting 3-4 hours on your 'book after the update
(assuming you could last on the battery that long before the update),
then maybe you have a problem.  Test it out.

Benn