[Ti] 10.2.8 - finger pointing

Henry Kalir kalirhe at umdnj.edu
Wed Oct 1 12:36:55 PDT 2003

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Shawn King wrote:

> On 10/1/03 1:17 PM, "John McDaniel" <johnmcd at one.net> wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, October 1, 2003, at 01:59  PM, Shawn King wrote:
> >
> >> Well, Even Microsoft can't recreate every possible user configuration
> >> in
> >> order to completely test their software and hardware.
> >
> > Ahhh... but Microsoft doesn't sell proprietary hardware.
> >
> > Sorry, Apple doesn't get a free pass on that point.
>
> I'm not giving them a free pass.
>
> I'm saying, regardless of proprietary anything, it's impossible for *any*
> company to recreate every single *user* configuration and test for all the
> possible issues involved.

Shawn,

Using this line of thought I would put it to you that if Apple, which
controls both OS and the Hardware, is excused from testing every
single *user* configuration...then MS, which only creates the OS, should
also be excused and possibly commended for creating an OS which runs on so
many MORE divergent machines and configurations.

Best,

Henry

PS - No, I'm not going to switch to Windows, I want Apple to take it's own
advice and...Think Different(ly)...and do the right thing by all of it's
loyal followers (that's US)!!