[Ti] Al 15" latch problems

cheshirekat cheshirekat at pobox.com
Wed Oct 1 17:36:38 PDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003, Sherman Gregory sherman at qualcomm.com, invoked
powers within the internet realm, to proclaim ...

>I got my Al 15" back already, and is seems to be fine now.  I dropped
>it off at the Apple Store Sunday afternoon, It arrived at my office
>around 10:00 this morning (Wednesday).  That is pretty impressive. I
>am in California, and it was shipped from Texas.
>
>The repair order said they "performed alignment/adjustment".  seems
>like something the local Apple store should have been able to do.

Hey Sherman,

I know you must be feeling greatly relieved that it did not take the 10
days you were quoted to get your Al back. I was impressed with the turn-
around time for my PowerBook repair. Glad to hear that all is well. (The
only bad note I had from my experience is that all my preferences were
very very off and it took me a few days to realize that the part I was
told was replaced was something major. The tech said logic board, but the
repair gave it some obtuse name and number, which I never investigated.)

Yes. One would think that alignments would be fixed before leaving the
factory - but a misalignment could have happened in transit. I'm glad,
for your sake, that it didn't turn out to be a bigger ordeal or longer
separation. The only consolation I could find was to immerse myself in a
few movies I rented.

cheshirekat