[Ti] 10.2.8

Jesse Brown jesse.brown at mac.com
Thu Oct 2 10:28:40 PDT 2003

On 10/2/03 12:55, "Rod Duncan" <roduncan at telus.net> wrote:

> Here's something else you could have mentioned. Apple's continued use
> of "stock options" a not-so-time honoured and bogus misuse of
> publicly traded stocks. Instead of paying legitimate dividends to
> investors when they make a profit, Apple instead rewards insider's
> with big-fat stock options. <snip nonsense>

Well, this'll get us right back on-topic again...

Do you even know what you're talking about? Do you even know what a stock
"Option" is?

Stock options aren't dumped, they're executed. And the ordinary working
stiff who is granted some stock options is unlikely to make large gains,
often only a couple of bucks a share since that's all the difference between
the strike price and the market price. And if my company's stock price is
standing at a 2 year high and that represented a chance for me to cash in
and pay the government a 40% capital gains tax, well then I'd do it - just
like I have in the past.

Also, profits are not redistributed in the form of "fat" stock options to
insiders. Dividends "are" paid, but only after Preferred stock holders get
theirs. Stock options are usually carefully managed by the BOD so as not to
dilute the regular stock pool and institutional investors value.

Your ignorance of the business process is overwhelming but typical of the
liberal democratic view that all corporations are out to screw the little
guy and need to be controlled by the state. It's kinda ironic in a way
because that's exactly the Fascist model which Dems are so fond of laying on
"right wing" conservatives.
--
Jesse

"A proud member of the VRWC"