[Ti] 10.2.8

Henry Kalir kalirhe at umdnj.edu
Thu Oct 2 18:59:55 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, John Griffin wrote:

> Deborah Shadovitz typed this message on 10/2/03 12:43 PM:
>
> > I have not followed this entire thread because I was out of town when the
> > update came and went. But, just in case it helps anyone, here's a fix for
> > those who installed 10.2.8 and lost Ethernet.
>
> Am I the only one who thinks that everyone who had things broken by the
> 10.2.8 update should march into the nearest Apple Store with their
> Powerbooks and leave them there with the words: "You broke it, You fix it!"
>
> Why should we have to mess around and waste hours of our valuable time
> trying to get our computers running the way they were with 10.2.6?
>
> jg

John,

NO, you are NOT the only one who thinks Apple is responsible. But we have
a bunch of sycophantic cheerleaders (and that's beginning to look like a
compliment after reading Mr Pourdman's callous post, to which I won't
even bother responding) who have usurped this list (and some others too).

The reason we have to mess around and waste hours of our valuable time is
because for years we've been told that Apple is  superior to that "other
company's OS" and that they suffer from all sorts of ailments while we
are relegated to enjoying "perpetual sunshine". Those who complained about
stuff not working were condescendingly told that they are ignorant newbies
who are to blame forwhatever ailments they have encountered on their Mac
OS, OR - if they dared complain after that hosing - told to just go and
use Windows if they are so dissatisfied. Since we've all tolerating this
garbage for so long without any challenge...well...here we are.

Best,

Henry