[Ti] AOL only does HTML

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 8 19:43:35 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, October 8, 2003, at 10:24  PM, Barry Lyden wrote:

> Were you asking about my comment or Jerry's?

LOL I'm not sure now...
What I meant is, AOL has never made an announcement about why they
don't support text email in the regular AOL client...it's just very
simple mail and some like it that way..but with this AOL Communicator
add-on which I just checked out, it looks like they have a mail app
comparable to IE that can pick up POP mail as well as AOL accounts,
sort of like how I still do with Claris Emailer picking up ISPs and AOL
mail without actually going on the AOL software.
It has some other features like AOL Radio that I would never

This might be a way out of being stuck with this horrid Mail.app.
I can get AOL mail and ISP mail all in one, it's got IM integrated, but
not sure if you still have to run the regular behemoth AOL software
just to get to the once-in-a-while chat room to do work that supports
my account.