[Ti] AOL only does HTML

PaulaTx1 at aol.com PaulaTx1 at aol.com
Wed Oct 8 21:52:40 PDT 2003

     AOL  does do email protocol other than HTML (or else you wouldn't be reading this email now.)  I do not use any add-on.  I do not use the AOL Communicator.   I am using the AOL built for OSX.
    To send emails to a list that will not allow HTML,  simply (from your normal AOL for OSX) go to keyword  www.aol.com.  (Or type www.aol.com into the browser window.)   Click on AOL mail.  It will ask you  your name and password.  Once you type them in, it will allow you to read  your mail   and to send mail.  Mail sent from this area is plain text email.
     As for unsubscribing from AOL, it could have been done online, by phone, by fax, or by snail mail.  Within 72 hours of AOL receiving notification you want to cancel  they will cancel your account.  Or you can notify your credit card company (or your phone company if they are the billing agent) to cancel the service.    Cancellation information is available at keyword Billing.  Type in Cancellation in the search box.  It gives you phone numbers, fax numbers, email adresses, and/or mail adresses where to send the cancellation notice.
     As for having to wait online forever to speak to a representative, that is not my experience.  They are open 24 hours a day.  I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes for an inquiry.  You should be able to find some time of day or night  to talk to them if you  want to talk to a human.
          Paula Rutledge