[Ti] Panther release date announced!

Barry Lyden blyden at mac.com
Wed Oct 8 22:05:25 PDT 2003

According to the Apple website, only purchases on or after Oct 8 will
qualify for the $19.95 upgrade price, with the exception that all G5s
qualify. I couldn't find anything that mentions a 90-day period, but the
upgrade offer is good for a 60-day period ending December 26.

Interestingly, a macrumors.com article mentions that several new powerbook
owners are reporting that they are qualifying for the reduced upgrade price.
If those reports are true, it means that Apple is inconsistent in applying
the policy.