[Ti] AOL only does HTML

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 9 13:31:26 PDT 2003

On Thursday, October 9, 2003, at 03:57  PM, PaulaTx1 at aol.com wrote:

>   I'm not even sure what you are implying in that last paragraph.  A
> company shouldn't  try to retain it's customers?   Why?  Isn't that
> the purpose of business?  Keep customers.  Stay in business.

I think he means that unlike other providers they do not let you use
your own choice of software, but then again you go into this knowing
that. It is not right for some, but perfect for others. It just depends
on what you want.
Obviously the market has driven them to create this new application
where people can collect and manage ISP mail using AOL.
Keep up with demand or lose people as they grow out of AOL.

My problem is with users who won't learn that you must add the domain
to regular email address, or why others can't automatically see their
graphics.
I'm not against diversity, but I try to train people not to assume
everyone's world is AOL-like and to THINK before they send stuff off.