[Ti] New Powerbook users unite

Barry Lyden blyden at mac.com
Sun Oct 12 18:47:36 PDT 2003

I'm not sure what Apple's policy is at this point. Their web site says one
thing, but some people that purchased a new Powerbook in September are
definitely getting the up-to-date pricing (check macrumors.com discussion
forum). Others are getting a "serial number not found" error message even
though they registered their product at the same time others did. I know, as
I am one of them. Interestingly, some people have tried, failed, tried again
a day or two later and succeeded.  So it's worth a retry.