[Ti] Disappearing AirPort network

Roger Snyder rogersnyder at pobox.com
Sun Oct 12 20:32:04 PDT 2003

On 10/12/03 15:24, "Steve Wozniak" wrote:

> As has been reported by a number of us in the past, on my 17" Big Al I lose
> the AirPort network occasionally. The signal strength goes to zero and the
> network itself disappears from the AirPort menu. Nothing I've tried has worked
> other than restarting.

    I assume this is different from the intermittent problem some of us had
a while back? My Ti550 would loose and regain signal, but it usually only
lasted a fraction of a second to a number of seconds.

    I seem to recall playing with setting a lot, but I think a software
upgrade from Apple fixed it.

    Of course a 17" would have much newer software.

    I assume you ruled out cordless phone interference. A client just had
this problem. He was having signal trouble and the He noticed his signal
disappeared every time he called me for help so we figured it out. :)

-- Roger

Life is a long lesson in humility.
-James M. Barrie