[Ti] Address book

cheshirekat cheshirekat at pobox.com
Tue Oct 14 14:45:32 PDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003, Christoph Pistor cpistor at frys.com, invoked powers
within the internet realm, to proclaim ...

>slightly off topic:
>
>How do I make a DIF or DBF file from (some old version of) filemaker
>into a LDIF file importable by Address book?

Maybe you could try with a newer version of FileMaker (if you have access
to a newer version).

Or, you could try opening it in AppleWorks. This may depend on the
version of AppleWorks and whether or not you have appropriate MacLinkPlus
translators. I haven't tried this recently, but in the past I have opened
FMPro files with ClarisWorks/AppleWorks and vice versa.

Or, you could send a copy of the file to someone willing to convert the
file with a newer version of FileMaker or AppleWorks. I'd do it for you
if you want to contact me off list. (I have FMPro 6, AppleWorks 6,
MacLinkPlus 14.)

HTH

cheshirekat