[Ti] iTunes for Windows is out

G'kar gkar at mac.com
Thu Oct 16 14:19:16 PDT 2003

On 10/16/03 4:16 PM, "cbirds" <cbirds at earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Thursday, October 16, 2003, at 03:51  PM, Henry Kalir wrote:
>
>> So...is OS X for PC the next step?
>
> Um, to that I would say, why by the ticket if you aren't planning on
> taking the ride?
>
> Or to be more explicit, it's like foreplay and the inevitable; can
> Apple do stuff like this with iTunes for Windows,  yet still keep it's
> Windows "virginity"?

Apple lost its Windows "virginity" a long time ago. God, I can't believe I
typed that! AppleWorks has been a dual platform product for years and so has
Filemaker.

Get over it guys. This is a GOOD thing for us. Now that iTunes is available
for Windows it makes the iPod and the music store much more powerful. It
means that Apple's vision of how the digital world connects together has a
fighting chance against Microsoft's vision. God, that's another phrase I
can't believe I typed with a straight face. Microsoft vision. LOL!!

david
The terrible thing about terrorism is that ultimately it destroys those who
practise it. Slowly but surely, as they try to extinguish life in others,
the light within them dies.

Terry Waite