[Ti] Volume keys under Qt 6.4

A.J.Bos Arjan.Bos at icu.nl
Sun Oct 19 05:31:06 PDT 2003

On vrijdag, okt 17, 2003, at 19:12 Europe/Amsterdam, Peter Krug wrote:

>>> omg omg omg so true!!!
>>>
>>> nice one Apple!
>>
>> Not sure what you mean? I suppose if I update I will see the
>> difference but right now ignorance is bliss I guess.. I do note that
>> this white keyboard isn't as pleasant to use as the black one.
>>

> We're talking about the PowerBook F4+F5 keys, how they used to hold up
> the system when you held them down and they sometimes would not have
> any real effect.
The delay was caused by the power management disabling sound when it
wasn't used. It then had to be re-activated before the volume could be
changed. So I guess that now the sound system is always on, and thus
using power, and thus diminishing my battery time.

Arjan

-- Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a sick mind -- (Terry
Pratchett)