[Ti] iTunes for Windows is out

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Sun Oct 19 16:36:11 PDT 2003

>All I'm saying here is that the future Mac OS' (s) should be created in
>such a way that they would be able to run ALL Windoze programs, thus
>giving US, the loyal Mac user community the same advantage that the PC
>users have. You want to tell us that it is an unreasonable wish, or that
>it can't be done?

it is being done now with Virtual PC. And with the Mac BU developing
it now, I would say integration will be even tighter... that you
expect Windows apps to run on Mac OS without paying more is what is
unreasonable.  That is a tremendous value add that many of us don't
need, so it would be unfair to spread the cost of such integration
across all users.

I think you will see some sort of trial version or lite version of
Virtual PC bundled with new Macs soon... actually they already offer
something of sorts, with the new version of Office "Pro" including
VPC and Apple often offers discounts with purchase of a new system.
What you wish is almost here Henry...
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com