[Ti] [OT] Seeking a good 1280x1024 TFT display

Barry Lyden blyden at mac.com
Sun Oct 19 18:32:37 PDT 2003

Tarik,

There are a number of brands out there. I bought a Samsung 17" for my
PC, which works fine with my TiBook as well, but it's average as far as
TFTs go. But Samsung does make some higher-end models that are pretty
good. When I bought mine, I actually preferred the Sharp 18.1" because
it had both analog & digital connectors and better contrast ratio, but
alas, it was too pricy. Prices have since dropped considerably.

Samsung makes a number of models, as does Sony, AG, Dell, HP, Sharp,
Planar, etc.
This might sound like heresy in this forum, but you might try
www.pcmag.com. They usually review the latest TFTs.

HTH,