[Ti] Volume keys under Qt 6.4

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Sun Oct 19 18:56:36 PDT 2003

>>We're talking about the PowerBook F4+F5 keys, how they used to hold
>>up the system when you held them down and they sometimes would not
>>have any real effect.
>The delay was caused by the power management disabling sound when it
>wasn't used. It then had to be re-activated before the volume could
>be changed. So I guess that now the sound system is always on, and
>thus using power, and thus diminishing my battery time.

Arjan,

I'm pretty sure that's not what was happening.  The sound-spaz would
happen when I had iTunes running in the office.  I would hold down
the F4 button to crank down the music and the volume dots on the
screen would go crazy but the volume wouldn't ever change.  I have
noticed that there in now a noticeable delay the first time I hold
down the F4 button but the volume does decrease normally once the
transparent volume slider appears on the screen.

Peter
--
A little computer haiku:
I can't remember

This message sent with Eudora 6 on Mac OS X 10.2.8