[Ti] iTunes for Windows is out (and Canadian whining)

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Tue Oct 21 11:30:50 PDT 2003

T Molnar typed this message on 10/20/03 11:31 PM:

> Here's some news
> tim
>> According to the reply from David Basskin, CMRRA's President,
>> licensing issues have indeed kept Apple from launching iTunes Canada,
>> but the wheels are now in motion:
>>
>> I'm happy to say that the process of negotiating a licensing deal with
>> Apple is now under way. I met last week with representatives of the
>> company, and I'm confident that our discussions will move ahead
>> quickly. Last week, Steve Jobs told me that Apple couldn't wait to
>> come to Canada, and that it was a very high priority for him. I trust
>> that this enthusiasm will be reflected in a quick and mutually
>> successful negotiation.

Thanks Tim. This is indeed great news. Now if I could only get a high speed
internet connection...

I wonder if there is any chance they will match the price of PureTracks in
Toronto (.99¢ Canadian/.75¢ US vs. $1.33 Canadian/.99¢ US for iTunes)?

Another Hell freezes over situation I would imagine.

jg