bad luck with power adapter

Justin R. Miller incanus at codesorcery.net
Tue Oct 21 13:52:24 PDT 2003

Hi Titanium users,

I'm wondering if others tend to have generally bad luck with the Ti's
power adapter.  I've got a 667 DVI and I use the little "white box"
power plug directly (i.e. without the longer cord) most of the time.  I
realize that these things are kind of frail and I take great care when
winding the power cable every day.

I had my original one fail after a few months, and I had it replaced
with the current one, which has been fine for about 8-9 months.  Now in
the past couple weeks it occasionally stops working, so that the little
ring at the computer end does not glow and the battery starts ticking
down.

I also notice that occasionally when I plug it in, it sparks very
slightly between the prongs and the outlet.  This is on a standard
North American plug.

I have the two-prong adapter, not the newer, grounded one.

Anyone else see this a lot?  Or have suggestions?  Thanks for any leads.

--Justin