can't burn a cd

Eric EricDD at myrealbox.com
Tue Oct 21 14:49:05 PDT 2003

hi: i have a 667 dvi.  a couple months ago it went into apple and the
main logic board was replaced (under warranty).  At that time, apple
also replaced the casing as it was all chipped.

When it was returned, i noticed that the case above the cd-rw drive was
loose; i can push down on it, right where the casing meets the lighter
gray part and it gives.

I also  can no longer burn a cd - i get an error message (can't
remember exactly what).  I can import an cd, although it does not work
every time...it hangs at times.

when I called apple, I was told to take it apart and pop it back into
place myself.

I've been on a project and didnt have  time to deal with this.... I was
thinking that perhaps the ribbon that connects to the drive is  loose.
Also,  I am now no longer under warranty and did not get applecare.

So my question is what should I do?  I'm upset because this was all
fine until apple fixed the casing...Getting ready to install panther
and wondering if i'll even be able to do that with this drive.  Any
advice or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Eric